We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join our legal team. This role is ideally located in Montreal, QC at our Global Headquarters, however can be remote across Canada with travel to Montreal on occasion. In this role, you will
The company The CSL Group Inc. ("CSL") of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a
Req ID:193288 We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as
Req ID:193325 We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as
Req Id: 322311
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Counsel (permanent hire) – Bell Canada Legal Department
Do you have 7+ years of experience in labour and employment law? Are you seasoned and skilled in arbitration hearings? Do you want to be the master of your file from A-Z and have the opportunity to shine in the court room? Do you want a challenging career that also offers work-life balance?
If your answer to those questions is “yes!” then you may be the person we are looking for to join our in-house legal team.
Being at the forefront of strategy and execution, we are always in need of talented people who like to get things done. If you are looking for more than just another place to work, are getting frustrated with docketing your time, and are not afraid of challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Bell Counsel will operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment providing labour arbitration and legal advice support to Bell Canada and its subsidiaries, across Canada, for all lines of business. Based either in GTA or Montreal, this role will collaborate closely with other Bell team members throughout Canada. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for labour arbitrations and hearings in front of administrative tribunals and will also provide general labour and employment related legal support to various parts of Bell and its subsidiaries’ operations.
• Providing expert advice and direction in the delivery of timely, effective services in the following areas in all areas of labour and employment law as:
o Human rights matters
o Privacy matters
o Collective agreement interpretation
o Employment Standard interpretation
o Alternative dispute resolution
• Represent Bell Canada and its subsidiaries as counsel in mediation, arbitration and other hearings.
• 7+ years of experience in private practice or as in-house counsel
• Significant Labour and Employment law experience, preferably in both unionized and non-union environments
• Evidence of innovative leadership skills and proven ability to foster a collaborative team approach to decision making
• Excellent interpersonal skills in negotiation, conflict resolution, litigation and dispute resolution skills
• The ability to work independently on multiple files and prioritize them effectively while meeting deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong team player who enjoys working with multidisciplinary business groups in a dynamic environment to resolve a broad range of legal issues
• Self-motivated, creative and results oriented
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
• Proficiency in French would be an asset but is not essential
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Verdun || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 10/05/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.