ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Legal Affairs, you act in an advisory capacity with the company's managers and you are involved in the preparation and follow-up of various legal matters.
Your primary mandate is to support the legal affairs branch in its advisory role with managers on various legal matters. In addition, you draft and review agreements and do research, including in civil law, contract law, human rights law, administrative law, on the protection of personal information, and intellectual property. You may also be called upon to issue legal opinions or various analyses, especially in connection with the legislation that Héma-Québec is subject to.
• Support and advise the managers on the legal aspects of matters or their activities;
• Write and revise various types of agreements;
• Conduct legal research in various areas of law and draft legal opinions;
• Ensure that the organization's activities comply with the applicable legal requirements and with internal policies and directives;
• Regularly follow up on matters with the legal affairs branch and with the managers of the departments in question;
• Perform any other task required by your immediate supervisor.
• A Bachelor of Laws;
• Be a member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec;
• Five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience as legal advisor, preferably in a large organization;
• Be familiar with the legislation and all practices pertaining to contract law for public agencies;
• Good writing skills;
• Fluent in French and English, both oral and written.
• Strong communication skills and be known for building trust relationships with partners;
• Good ability for acting in an advisory capacity with partners, namely analyzing, questioning and submitting legal recommendations;
• Demonstrate independence, initiative and thoroughness in managing mandates;
• Excellent organizational, planning and priority management skills, and the ability to take the lead on multiple matters.
The position offered is a replacement of approximately 12 months duration.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Four (4) weeks of vacation per year;
• Flexible schedule;
• Group insurance;
• Defined benefit pension plan.