Req Id: 314853
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Team
We are seeking a Legal Counsel to operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This role will be part of a team of lawyers providing legal support in all M&A transactions and corporate finance initiatives undertaken by the BCE group of companies, as well as in various disclosure and securities laws compliance matters. An ideal candidate for this position should have 2-5 years of relevant business law experience gained either in private practice or in-house, with a particular focus on M&A transactions and corporate finance. Experience with public company compliance obligations would also be a definite asset.
• Support the Corporate Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions Team in transactions undertaken by the BCE group of companies and lead legal aspects of negotiations
• Support the Treasury Team in public financings and other corporate finance initiatives carried out by BCE and Bell Canada and lead on associated legal aspects
• Assist with various disclosure and securities laws compliance initiatives
• Support Senior Management in contract interpretation and negotiations
• Called to the Bar of a Canadian province
• 2 to 5 years of relevant business law experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in French and English
• Ability to understand, simplify and explain complex legal issues to senior business leaders
• Relevant experience with publicly traded corporations and securities laws expertise would be an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 09/07/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.