Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will:
- Collaborate with internal clients of the Bombardier Aviation division in the resolution of various contentious or potentially contentious matters by investigating issues, analyzing facts, providing guidance, drafting letters or agreements, and negotiating with various stakeholders in order to prevent lawsuits or develop strategies in anticipation of litigation;
- Manage Bombardier’s litigation files worldwide by supervising the work of external counsel, developing effective strategies with them and taking part in the various phases of litigation (motions, depositions, trials); - Attend depositions, trials and mediations when needed; - Handle Bombardier’s obligations as part of the discovery (including “e-discovery”) phase of complex litigation matters, including Bombardier Aviation employees witness preparation; - Report to the Bombardier Aviation management team on the progress of and strategy of litigation matters; - Handle various types of litigation and commercial claims covering all business segments of Bombardier Aviation, including procurement, sale of aircraft and aftermarket; - Assume a leading role in risk management; - Use your leadership and soft skills to influence decisions and outcomes, even if you do not have supervisory powers over other people; - In general, play a crucial role in providing guidance and training to internal clients in order to prevent litigation or learn from previous lawsuits.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of a Canadian province or US state bar, including preferably the Quebec Bar. Having earned a degree in both civil and common law is an asset;
- You have between 3-7 years of relevant expertise in commercial litigation, most of which at a renowned law firm;
- You show leadership skills, a strong level of autonomy and excellent judicial instincts both in a litigious or business context in order to have the required confidence to make difficult and strategic decisions in a fast-paced environment. You will show a capacity to challenge or rethink strategies presented by outside counsels;
- You are comfortable to evolve in a highly technical environment in which engineering/aerospace concepts are frequently discussed;
- You easily manage a busy schedule and are open to travel for business around the world, sometimes on short notice;
- You are an excellent communicator, a strong negotiator and drafter and have a superior persuasion capacity;
- You have an interest in new technologies and able to work in a constantly evolving environment;
- You are perfectly bilingual (French, English) both orally and in writing.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.