Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the Coordinator, Legal Real Estate’s primary responsibility shall be to provide support to the Legal Real Estate Department of Recipe Unlimited Corporation. The successful candidate shall be a key member of the Legal Real Estate team, and shall work under the guidance and direction to the Managers of Legal Real Estate. This role requires a candidate with a high level of detail who is comfortable working in a highly processed driven environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years relevant and recent work experience in the retail real estate industry.
- Highly organized and motivated, with a willingness and ability to take ownership over assigned workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in multi-tasking environment with high volume workload.
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, takes pride in quality of documents.
- Comfortable working in a team-based, open-concept environment.
- Willingness to assist others and work on a variety of tasks.
- Able to handle sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Provide administrative support as required by the Managers of Legal Real Estate to assist with various administrative functions.
- Facilitate the completion of any Estoppel Certificates, Tenant Acknowledgements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and other ancillary lease documentation.
- Ensure all required files and company database(s) are up to date, coded and filed.
- Act as a liaison between the company management and landlord.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work and initiate any follow-ups as required.
- Distribute all fully executed legal documentation.
- Assist with other day-to-day legal real estate matters as required, such as the review and drafting of various legal documentation, such as lease extension and amending agreements, sublease agreements, consent agreement and assignment agreements, assist with mail, couriers and other legal correspondence and coordinate the execution of legal documents.
***Please note that this is a 12 month contract.***
What we offer you:
Recipe Corporation Unlimited/Cara offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits for full time salaried employees, and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.