Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes) is seeking an Associate with two to five years of intellectual property (IP) litigation experience to join our top-ranked Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group in the Toronto office. Experience with
Location Lima, Peru
Start Date Oct – Nov 2020
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish Level 4 - Advanced
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer's Role
Cuso International is looking for a professional who is passionate to defend the rights of wome+, girls and LGTBQI+!
As the Strategic Litigation and Advocacy Advisor, you will work directly with partner DEMUS (Study for the defense of Women´s rights) a feminist organization that fights for human rights, in particular, sexual and reproductive rights of women, and promote the free exercise and questions the hegemonic paradigm on women and their sexuality.
You will provide technical assistance to DEMUS in strategic litigation and emblematic cases that they sponsor in order to recognize women's fundamental rights, such as living a life free of violence and discrimination.
Apply to this position to support survivors of women´s rights violations to find justice and live a life free of violence and discrimination
As a volunteer, you will:
-Support in the creation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tools, database management, quantitative and qualitative data collection and project data analysis
-Support in writing and editing reports, representing data through visual aids (charts, graphs, infographics, etc.); disaggregate data by gender at the collection stage where possible
-Disseminate M&E findings (lessons learned and best practices) with all relevant stakeholders
-Support the external consultancies process, checking the delivery of the products in terms of quality and according to contract schedule.
-Support in the develop training/capacity building materials and provide training to WVL project partners in the effective use of data collection project tools and writing and editing reports.
-Support partners in their own MEAL systems structure, working closely with a MEAL external consultant
-Additional tasks may be assigned from time to time
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Degree in law, sociology or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in judicial processes.
- Knowledge and commitment to gender equality.
- Experience writing/editing reports and publications.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training program and in-country orientation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course, in-country orientation, and reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.