With moderate direction, represents the Company´s insureds in all phases of litigation for matters of moderate technical complexity. Engages in the practice of law and the representation of Zurich insureds to protect their interests in litigation.
Required: • Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in the Litigation area
• Member of the Bar in good standing in jurisdiction(s) in which practice is located.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
• Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
• Knowledge of the law and procedure
Preferred: • Effective communication skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Experience working in a team-based environment
• Collaboration skills
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills
Key Accountabilities: • Achieve best outcomes for clients by demonstrating technical excellence in case handling, trial preparation and presentation for matters of moderate technical complexity.
• Drive positive results by correctly applying the law and legal trends, conducting legal analysis and research, preparing legal pleadings and documents, preparing for and managing pre-trial discovery, and participating in judicial or administrative hearings and trials.
• Document case files by accurately capturing and updating relevant information in compliance with best practices.
• Work to have a timely resolution to matters by collaborating with the claims adjuster, developing a case strategy and escalating issues as appropriate.
• Ensure customer service to clients by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; and following customer protocols.
• With oversight, determine and implement alternative dispute resolution techniques as appropriate, by using effective mediation and negotiation skills within authority limit.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and collaborating on matters as needed.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations.
• May serve as a technical resource by providing guidance and mentoring lower level attorneys or legal support staff on use of tools and resources and legal strategies.
• Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information confidential
Add. Job Functions:
• Represent company’s insureds in all phases of the litigation process for moderately complex matters in the most effective, efficient way while delivering a customer-centric legal service.
• Manage assigned customer cases, prioritize case load, acquire and organize relevant evidence and information to develop best legal strategies and work to a timely resolution.
• Anticipate, recognize and respond timely to inquiries to contribute to customer satisfaction.
• Collect data and document in established systems including commentary and an analysis of situation to facilitate decision-making and positive outcomes.
• Provide legal advice that enables solutions to moderately complex customer problems.
• Adhere to local regulatory and governance requirements throughout the case to ensure decisions are made using the right standards.
• Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices.
• Determine when to solicit input from more senior colleagues or managers for more complex issues, to ensure quality and continuous learning.
• Provide feedback on business processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.