Senior Policy Analyst
Do you have strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills? Do you have experience leading policy development projects and working with stakeholders? If so, then consider joining the Strategic Policy Liaison Unit with the Property Tax Policy Branch at the Ministry of Finance. The successful candidate will lead research and policy development on government's high priority cross-cutting property tax and assessment issues
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Manager you will:
• Provide leadership and expertise to support policy development, including developing work plans, and determining analytical approaches/data requirements
• Acquire data and develop data models for analyses
• Develop briefing materials for senior management and presentations for stakeholders
• Develop and maintain networks with other related areas in the ministry, partner ministries and with external stakeholders.
How do I qualify?
• You are able to obtain knowledge of property tax and assessment regulation, legislation, policy and practice.
• You have knowledge of economics and quantitative research and analysis techniques/methods
• You are able to identify issues which emerge during analysis and recommend options to manage and resolve them
Analytical and Computer Skills:
• You are able to identify, understand and act upon policy linkages and you are able to identify emerging issues with policy implications
• You are able to analyze and outline viable policy alternatives
• You are able to analyze financial and other quantitative data from multiple sources, produce findings/conclusions and make recommendations
• You are proficient using standard computer office software and have experience using quantitative/statistical data and modelling tools/applications, including data warehouses to conduct analyses
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have strong written communication skills to prepare materials (briefings, correspondence, reports) suitable to target audiences, including internal and external stakeholders, and to respond to questions
• You have effective presentation skills to deliver briefings and presentations on results of analyses targeting the audience's level of understanding
• You have leadership and team building skills and effective negotiation skills to involve others (branches, divisions, ministries, external stakeholders) in joint projects/initiatives
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, July 20, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109374 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.