As a member of the Navacord Corporate Legal team, you will be responsible for managing the enterprise's Corporate Secretariat function and supporting broker partners licensing activities and other Navacord strategic initiatives.
A. Corporate Secretariat
• Manage and provide comprehensive support of/on Navacord's Corporate Secretariat function in respect of Navacord Corp. ("Navacord") and all other Navacord subsidiaries (wholly owned and non-wholly owned), liaising where required with non-legal resources within subsidiaries involved in legal entity maintenance.
• Interface with, and provide support to, resources within subsidiaries in connection with licensing activities, including, by providing relevant informational support and more generally.
• Maintain registers of licenses held by subsidiaries and database for use by subsidiary resources in their licensing activities.
• Oversee external legal resources in connection with the furtherance of the above, as required.
• Support corporate and regulatory due diligence activities in connection with acquisitions
• Oversee and support integration of acquired companies into corporate secretarial model.
• Support General Counsel on IP/trademark related matters and in connection with the management of Navacord's trademark portfolio
• Law clerk designation from a recognized institute;
• >7 years of related work experience with experience providing comprehensive oversight of private company corporate secretarial functions required;
• Insurance and/or benefits industry experience, including in the areas of brokerage licensing, preferred and beneficial as is experience working in the corporate HQ of a growth oriented entrepreneurial enterprise;
• Experience supporting clients with operations in the United States also beneficial;
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, as well as in team situations, while multi-tasking in diverse legal areas;
• Ability to work within tight deadlines, interface effectively with a broad array of internal client groups, functional support resources (corporate and local broker partner), external counsel, regulators and suppliers;
• Strong organizational, and drafting skills, including a rapid, problem-solving mindset.
Navacord is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage created to keep the Canadian entrepreneurial spirit alive. Led by a passionate and engaged partnership group, Navacord Broker Partners are committed to the success of their clients by delivering expert advice in an increasingly complex world which allows them to face the future with confidence.
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.