Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $111373.92 to $139217.4
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will bring proven and recognized IT contract management experience, negotiation skills, and people skills to bear on a significant portfolio of IT and related contractual arrangements. You will also provide general legal services and advice to clients on a wide range of matters relating to the conduct of the business in order to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Corporation that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Member of the Bar in good standing in a common law and/or civil law province, with working as a Lawyer in private or public sector organizations or law firm.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a legal Counsel.
• Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French) would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in the areas referenced above
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple files.
• Demonstrated experience conducting research and analysis.
• Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining a professional relationship with business partners (external and internal).
• Strong interpersonal skills including tact and judgement in order to liaise with clients.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to interpret and analyze varied complex matters and to explain them to clients in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills including the ability to be flexible, creative and innovative to ensure responsiveness to client's needs.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research in both the traditional and technological environments.
• Ability to balance the big picture with meeting the day-to-day needs of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
What you will be doing
• Supporting the management of key corporate vendor relationships, including by supporting IT and the business line in the negotiation, renewal and management of contracts
• Acting as a key liaison between IT and/or the business unit, and Legal Services, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
• Responding to complex inquiries regarding contractual obligations and proposed amendments to existing arrangements, identifying risks and issues, and working with the business partner to propose solutions and alternatives as appropriate
• Providing advice on legal implications and risks related to a range of policy, program and operational matters, including in relation to privacy and data management issues
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: August 16, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3797
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Montreal, Toronto
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional