Requisition ID: 186143
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
The primary responsibility of the Estate and Trust Advisor is to provide estate planning and trustee services to MD clients by:
Core Team Responsibilities
• Participate in discovery meetings and work with Designated Leads and other advisors within the team to develop the client’s annual service plan.
• Team with other regional specialists to ensure the clients are receiving the optimal service for their circumstance.
• Participate in educating clients about MDs total value proposition.
• Always act in the best interest of the clients. Based on the MDFS client service segmentation model, provide the appropriate level of service and advice to clients and their families on all aspects of investments and financial planning.
• Support and execute (if applicable) the clients annual service plan.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
• University Degree or Equivalent
• Law degree and/or accreditation from CSI Global Education Inc. (MTI-Personal Trust or equivalent)
• STEP designation is considered an asset
• Experienced in estate planning and /or estate and trust management
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, taxes and government filing requirements regarding estates and trusts
• Strong client relationship management experience
• Proven networking, business development and sales skills
What’s in it for you?
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Manitoba : Brandon || Canada : Manitoba : Portage La Prairie || Canada : Manitoba : Thompson
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.