Want to join one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and a firm that is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers?
This is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
Reporting to the Director, Information and Research Services, the Research Specialist plays an important role as part of a national team of professionals who provide research and information services to lawyers, students, and staff at Dentons Canada.
This is a full-time position located in our downtown Vancouver office.
• Conduct in-depth, value-added legal, business and media/news research, demonstrating knowledge and skill by identifying, analyzing and synthesizing relevant information to support client work.
• Identify, evaluate, analyze and summarize key information from relevant online and print sources, to provide customized research deliverables and reports to practice groups.
• Actively participate in the planning and delivery of training in research methodology and resources for students and lawyers.
• Assist the Director with the selection and evaluation of legal, tax and business research tools and resources, including online platforms, databases, and apps.
• Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the physical library space in the firm’s Vancouver office.
• Actively participate in professional development associations, learning and development opportunities and other firm events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• MLS/MI degree, or equivalent from an accredited postgraduate university program is required.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
• Superior client service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of online legal, business and media/news research platforms and tools, including WestlawNext, Lexis Advance Quicklaw, Proview, Practical Law etc.
• Strong interest in current legal and business trends and issues.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and as part of a team of researchers located across the country.
• Strong technical skills and advanced online searching capabilities.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented person.
• Strong project and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 10 consecutive years (2011-2020) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2020).
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.