Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) is responsible for the administration of health and social services for all persons residing either permanently or temporarily in Region 18, the administrative region of the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec corresponding to the Cree territory of James Bay. Our mandate is defined in Chapter S-5 An Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native Persons.
The CBHSSJB is organized into 5 departments:
1. General Management Department includes the office of the Executive Director and Corporate Services;
2. Miyupimaatisiiun Department delivers all medical and social services. It is the largest Department;
3. Pimuhteheu Department is responsible for program planning and public health;
4. Nishiiyuu Department ensures that services and programs are delivered in a way that is in harmony with Cree culture and values;
5. Administration Department includes Human Resources, IT, Finance and Material Resources.
Summer employment and casual/part-time administrative, housekeeping or maintenance work may be available with the Cree Health Board in your community. Find out by visiting your community CMC and ask for the Head of Administrative Services.
We welcome inquiries from doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, allied health professionals, mental health and social workers, for long and short-term assignments available year-round. We offer very attractive compensation including travel, housing and northern premium. Work placement opportunties for students are available.
Under the authority of the Director of Youth Protection, provide and assume the mandates entrusted by the immediate Supervision; The Person holding this position will primarily assume the representation of the Director of Youth Protection in court